Author Topic: Bridgefy  (Read 23 times)

Offline lanky

• Pimpin Web Lord
  • Administrator
Bridgefy
« on: February 13, 2020, 23:55:52 PM »
For those that have been to the farm you'll know how fun it is to get away from that pesky internet and all that phone coverage but I'm sure there have been times where you've wanted to communicate with each other via phone whilst there, either to share photos or have a sneaky gossip session about someone who is there.

This year i think i have found the answer. It's a communication platform that can function when there is no wifi or phone reception.

Bridgefy.

The tech behind it is actually quite cool. The app can use the Bluetooth system in your phone to connect to other devices with the app on it to set up a mesh network. The really fun part is if anyone in the mesh is sending messages to someone not in the mesh, if any one person in the mesh happens to find internet connectivity those messages will be broadcast.

I'd like to give it a go some day, I've got the app installed on my phone and it uses my phone number as an identifier. I'll include the Play store address to install it if anyone else is game to try it.
We're back baby!

Offline lanky

• Pimpin Web Lord
  • Administrator
Re: Bridgefy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 00:06:12 AM »
We're back baby!