Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Minecraft / Re: Nether Adventure
« Last post by Poopyhead pianoman ♫ on April 19, 2014, 17:52:14 PM »
So you could create a portal in the middle of a nether fortress and have sick baddies all in your overworld junk?
« Last post by gumstitch on April 19, 2014, 16:58:41 PM »
Yup hahaha. And to top that off there were zombie pigmen in my base who i accidentally hit and knocked them into the portal.
So when i went to the nether i was immediately attacked.
« Last post by Poopyhead pianoman ♫ on April 19, 2014, 16:06:10 PM »
Excellent. So Minecraft got harder. You're making me salivate at the chance to get back into it.

Also, having a bunch of chickens wandering through the Nether is quite funny.
Minecraft / Re: 3D Printed Minecraft worlds. Now open source.
« Last post by Poopyhead pianoman ♫ on April 19, 2014, 15:38:50 PM »
Oh man, that looks fantastic. I'd love to print out my temple. For some reason, I think Minecraft paraphernalia looks good. The blockiness is so at odds with nature that it stands out in just the right way.
Minecraft / 3D Printed Minecraft worlds. Now open source.
« Last post by gumstitch on April 18, 2014, 23:15:22 PM »
Ok, so i've seen dozens of building and chunks from minecraft 3D printed, but they've always been with proprietary software or what have you.
Now, http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/04/minecraft-worlds-3d-printed-theyre-amazing/
Someone has made an open-source program to 3D print minecraft worlds.
If anything would drive me to buy a 3D printer, it's this.
Minecraft / Re: Minecraft
« Last post by gumstitch on April 18, 2014, 22:48:25 PM »
I think from memory i hit the northernmost road, then found the cross section road to the west and followed that to the central western line.
When we get the map updated, if ever, we'll be able to see where i went. Where's super?
« Last post by gumstitch on April 18, 2014, 22:45:31 PM »
Everything can pass through the portals now. you can throw stuff through it.
My castle may have.....a chicken problem. Though one day i logged on and they were all gone. I had no idea where they were. Seems the all went through the portal lol

As for the with skeletons, they're grey, so they're really hard to see. They're three blocks tall, so they're huge.
They are almost silent except for this subtle bone jangling noise.
And they can kill you, super quick.
Plus, they're mainly in nether fortresses, which are full of other nasties like the fire elementals that just seem to appear.
« Last post by Poopyhead pianoman ♫ on April 18, 2014, 16:53:02 PM »
WTF? Chickens can wander through portals?

Wither skeletons... they do some nasty poison thing, don't they? They came in after I was forced out of the game.
« Last post by Poopyhead pianoman ♫ on April 18, 2014, 16:51:33 PM »
That's a great story. Minecraft captures that spirit of adventure without, you know, actually having to step outside and cut yourself. It's also immensely satisfying to find your way around without the use of a compass. I've seen some large ocean expanses in our little world (felt like forever when I was building a road across it) but nothing to rival 15 minutes in one direction. Where did you end up? Like, which direction from spawn was the cobblestone? I think I was mainly building in the north.
« Last post by gumstitch on April 18, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
I've had a few such moments.

Minecraft is full of little moments like that.

In fact just recently, i went through the nether trying to find the right portal to get to Spawn Temple from my base.
I clearly went the totally opposite direction, because when i emerged from the portal i was in an unlit cave. Did a little exploring, found diamond, coal, gold, iron and redstone. Found my way to the surface. It turned out the cave was under a vast ocean. juuuuust made it to the surface without dying from drowning. There was a mountain in view so i swam to it. I was fairly sure i wouldn't survive the swim back down to the cave.

Made it to what i thought was a mountain island, turned out to be an outcropping overlooking valleys of stone.

Stupidly i had neither compass nor a map, and night was rapidly approaching, so i dug a hole in the side of the mountain to wait out the night.

As morning rose it became apparent that there were a dozen creepers outside. Yay.

I dealt with them and thought i would trudge in-land to see if anything was familiar. I wandered until night was falling but all i found was empty fields and a savanna. Harvested some of the new acacia trees to make torches and such, since it seemed i would be here a while. At least, here until i could get the materials to make a compass and find my way home.

In my little hole in the side of the mountain, waiting out the night, i decided to make a boat and try crossing the ocean to find home. I was fairly sure i knew which way was home based on the position of the sun.
So the next morning i set off in my new boat, with a supply of boats just in case.

That is possibly the largest ocean i have ever seen in minecraft. I traveled for a good 15 minutes in one direction without ever seeing land. I gave up on that idea and turned back. Eventually i hit land again near the mountain.

I figured heading in-land was gong to be my only hope but i decided to try a different direction.

20 minutes, many nights, and dozens of monsters killed later i saw some cobblestone: Civilization!
Best feeling ever!
Turned out to be a far out-lying road with no rails yet. followed it a while, found my way home.
Phew!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10