Author Topic: Ditching Facebook  (Read 115 times)

Offline lanky

• Pimpin Web Lord
  • Administrator
Ditching Facebook
« on: February 10, 2020, 18:34:13 PM »
I've ditched Facebook for my own mental health. I was spending far to much time on it, sitting on my phone instead of interacting with my children waiting for messages from people that are less important than my own offspring.

And it had all become very tailored for me, it would only suggest things that it thought I would like, there was nothing new or exciting that it was showing me.

So I have returned to the early 2000s and returned to my beloved forum, it may have been in a coma for the past couple of years but I know that there are more and more people out there that have grown tired of seeing the same ole shit on Facebook, people that have grown numb to clicking the Like button, sick of Sharing the same inane articles with their friends that all share it with their own friends but it never gets shared with someone that wouldn't instantly agree with it, nor would they want to properly discuss both sides of it.

All I need to do is convince people, again, that lankyland is the best place on the internet to discuss everything, the best place to come where the topics can be about anything and the boards aren't silos like sub-reddits are. You will find opinions, counter-opinions, in-depth discussion, along with simple posts about silly topics.

JOIN US!
We're back baby!

Offline MommaSquid

• Sentient Being
Re: Ditching Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 07:17:15 AM »
I have also ditched Facebook for mental health reasons. FB was giving me a false sense of friendship with people who don't spend time with me in real life.  I've been having health problems the past few years, and it made me realize that all my friends are of the fair weather variety. People I've known for a decade or more, who I thought I could count on, stopped coming around after a few months. Guess I didn't get better fast enough for them.

Lanky, I hope your new effort here turns out to be something enjoyable for you and everyone who joins the forum.

If the hell I'm supposed to pay is coming due, I will write the devil another IOU.

Offline lanky

• Pimpin Web Lord
  • Administrator
Re: Ditching Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »
I hope so too.

This used to be a rather popular place to post before Facebook took over
We're back baby!